I suggest you ...

Allow for package upgrades to force application(s) to be fully downloaded before launching, and/or show the loading progress bar

We package all our apps to load 100% before launching, and deploy them using full infrastructure. We have either configured by design or by default the fact that users load their apps on first use, not at logon.
Every package we have displays a 'loading' type progress bar then on the first use, and gets to 100% before the program launches for the user.

I recently had to upgrade a package, so I did that using the sequencer. I knew what to change very specifically, so I used the 'Edit package' option when modifying the existing package. I made my file and registry change, and saved the package to a 0.0.0.2 version.

The upgrade went well, but I have noticed something since then.
New users who never launched the package before do not get the progress bar. Not only that, but according to Get-AppvClientPackage output (that I run during launch time) it seems it is actually launching before 100% gets cached.

Why is this and why wouldn't the editor let me say to still load 100% before launch? I can understand conceptually why using 'edit' mode is an issue for creating "feature block 1" if I wanted to stream it, (because I am not executing the program). Wouldn't having a "Force application(s) to be fully downloaded before launching.." make more sense to be "default" in this scenario to rather than streaming delivery by default? And regardless can this not be a choice?

So my suggestion is to change the default to load 100% before launch, or at least give us the option and either way show the progress bar regardless of the choice.

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    BruceBruce shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • BruceBruce commented  · 

Again, this is for package upgrades. It is obviously in our control when creating a net-new package.

Feedback and Knowledge Base