I suggest you ...

App-V Sync Notification (customize the message the user sees/move the sync before the user can click apps)

We request to change the way the App-V Publishing Refresh UI notifications are presented to end-users and also mitigate a number of user experience errors generated by the fact that applications can be clicked and opened while the Sync is in progress, causing multiple errors that are confusing the user.

The improvements we propose are the following:

A. Move the App-V Publishing Refresh UI (Sync) prior loading the user session / prior loading Windows shells (e.g. preferably to something similar to GPO update at logon time)
OR/AND
B. Change the wording of this sync popup or allow organizations to change/customize this wording. We believe a more suitable wording for users to wait until the sync is finished would be:

“Please do not attempt to launch applications or files until advised that your desktop is ready for use
Your desktop is starting….
(2/2) Preparing App2 24%”

Additionally to this wording, the following customizations/changes should be accompanied by

• Change the size of this sync popup to be larger and more visible to users
• Change the position of this sync popup to be more visible to users
• Change the branding of this sync popup (nice to have)

26 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • RGijsenRGijsen commented  · 

Yes this is a good one. I wrote a tool myself in .NET which runs immediately at login and disables keyboard / mouse input. Then I trigger the AppV sync from that, and after it's done (or if it fails) input is enabled again.
        We've had SO much trouble with people starting apps in connection groups before sync was done.

Feedback and Knowledge Base