I suggest you ...

It would be good to allow users who are added to an AD Group and already logged in to be able to refresh their apps and recieve the new appl

It would be good to allow users who are added to an AD Group and already logged in to a PC to be able to refresh their apps and receive the new application(s) without logging out/in.

I so far have been unable to replicate the old Appv 4.x - right click stickle brick and refresh apps :)

Thanks, Rich

20 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Rich Weir shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Rich Weir commented  · 

@Andrew G,

Rebooted the server between each reg change.

If I am reading that right we have Auth users with read access on the AD Object, but I will give that a shoot with opening the shortcut up and see if it has any effect.

Many thanks for your help, appreciated,

Rich

• Andrew G commented  · 

@Rich
        I'm almost positive its still supported, I'll try to test it out on our environment. What you saw sounds very familiar though...did you restart the server? Not sure if its an on the fly change. I have to get access to the server but I'll follow back up.

Also as an FYI if you are using AD groups to permission (not everyone can read the folder) this may not work for you. If you think that's possible I'd recommend taking 1 test app and opening it up to everyone read as a quick smoke test.

• Rich Weir commented  · 

@Andrew G
        Many thanks for that, I dropped this reg key into the server but alas it stopped streaming all apps when set to 1, and started again when changed to 0 ...

I can't see any documentation for this in 5.1, did they keep it?

• Rich Weir commented  · 

Hi AppV-Team and everyone,

Small update, I figured it may be to do with AD group membership and having to log off/on to pick up new member. During my travels of trying to achieve this without actually logging off and on I realised that if just lock and unlock the screen, a few minutes later when I hit the app update button my new application will appear!

So at the moment I can tell my users to do this which obviously saves time logging off/on.

Would love if the AppV-Team could incorporate this into one of the powershell commands 

Thanks,
        Rich

Feedback and Knowledge Base