Analyze the cause of a sequencer crash
Some months ago I did post a case in the technet forum about a specific application that brought the sequencer everytime to crash with the final step when I've tried to save the package. I've got a lot of possible causes and suggestions what I can do, but none of them worked for me.
With help and effort of the technet community it was possible to identify 5 binary files inside the package which standing in relation to the crash. The same user discovered that it is possible to successful save the package when he removes the identified files.
With help of that information I was able to create a workaround with a third party tool to get the package to work. It's great to have a working package now, but what we don't know is the real cause why the sequencer can't handle this application and crashed.
Last week I've joined the APP-V Swissgroup and we've discussed a little bit about that scenario. I've got a suggestion to post this in the APP-V Uservoice. Maybe we can get the cause for the crash that it is no longer a blackbox or a gain for others who struggle with a similar issue.
Would be great if someone has a closer look to it :)
Link to the technet thread:
Setup binary that brings the sequencer to crash: